US Attorney Matthew Graves To Step Down Days Before Trump Inauguration In DC
Matthew Graves is stepping down as US Attorney for DC, his office confirmed, announcing that his resignation will be official as of Thursday, Jan. 16, four days before the presidential inauguration.
Graves has been in the role of DC's top prosecutor for more than three years following his confirmation by the Senate on Oct. 28, 2021, days before he was sworn in on Nov. 5, 2021.
“Serving as the US Attorney for the District of Columbia has been the honor of a lifetime,” Graves said, thanking Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton, President Biden, and Attorney General Merrick Garland …
Jersey City Man Shot Rival Gang Members: Feds
A 33-year-old Jersey City man was charged on Thursday, Dec. 19 with shooting rival gang members, authorities said.
Micah Reid is a member of the Rutgers neighborhood street gang which operates in Triangle Park in Jersey City, US Attorney Phillip Sellinger said.
On Sunday, Oct. 1, 2003, Reid, driving a stolen vehicle, shot at members and associates of rival street gangs who were exiting a nightclub on Culver Avenue in Jersey City, Sellinger said.
Six people suffered gunshot wounds, Sellinger said. Reid was charged with one count of violent crime in aid of racketeering …
Trenton Man Targeted Business Owners In Deadly Crime Spree, Federal Prosecutors Say
A Trenton man was given federal charges after being accused of orchestrating three armed robberies, including one that resulted in the death of a cannabis shop owner, authorities said.
Paul McNeil, 38, was charged with murder during and in relation to a crime of violence, three counts of Hobbs Act robbery, conspiracy, and multiple gun offenses, New Jersey's U.S. Attorney Philip Sellinger said in a news release on Wednesday, Dec. 11.
According to court documents and statements, McNeil and a co-conspirator robbed an automotive recycling shop in Ewing on Friday, Sept. 30, 2…
Man Guilty Of Raping Bridgeport Woman Going For Walk Gets 12 Years In Prison
A Connecticut man will serve 12 years in prison for a violent attack on a woman walking along a sidewalk in Fairfield County last year, authorities announced.
Demetrius Hunter, 41, was sentenced to 17 years in prison, suspended after serving 12, for sexually assaulting a 34-year-old woman in Bridgeport on Aug. 9, 2023, the Connecticut Division of Criminal Justice said Thursday, Dec. 5.
Hunter will also be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life, according to Judge Robin Pavia's ruling.
During a two-day trial, the victim testified that she was walking along Iranistan…